Earlier this year, Austrian motorsport talent Marco Nekvasil suffered a bad accident when he fell from his bike. The young rider unfortunately broke both of his legs during a practice session for the IDM Superstock-1000-Class in Zolder, Belgium.
Following stabilization in a local hospital, the decision was made to bring him home to Austria to undergo necessary surgery. TAA was appointed by Marco’s insurance company to handle his entire case, including flying him home via air ambulance. TAA is happy to report that the mission went smoothly. Marco is recovering well from his accident and the sportsman is looking forward to a return to the race track in the near future. He recently passed the first significant test on his comeback trail – sitting on his beloved motorbike again! It was an exciting feeling, as Marco writes on his Facebook page.
Some time after the air ambulance mission, TAA received a lovely “Thank You” letter from Marco’s family:
Dear Tyrol Air Ambulance Team,
We would like to address a big thank you to your company.
Two months ago Marco was seriously hurt during training and broke his legs. Receiving the call at home, I was informed that he has broken his two legs and a repatriation home for further treatment was necessary. I called his insurance and landed in the hands of TAA. Within the shortest time, I was contacted by your alarm centre team, providing great support and very professional help.
Every step has been explained clearly, every telephone conversation has been done in a sympathetic manner. Those in your Alarm Centre Team who we spoke with, everybody was exactly informed about the case. Even when we called late in the evening.
The flight staff on the ambulance flight were very helpful and friendly as well and I (who travelled to Belgium in the meantime) was able to accompany Marco during his flight home.
We all are really happy that we landed in your hands during such an emergency situation and we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your help.
You are an absolutely amazing team!
TAA would like to wish Marco all the best for his ongoing recovery and return to competition. #MarcoMoto!
Profile: Marco Nekvasil
- 1997: Born in Korneuburg, Lower Austria.
- 2001: At the age of 4, Marco was allowed to ride his first kids motorbike, which became his favorite hobby during his childhood.
- 2006: First taste of the motorbike scene by participating in the ADAC Mini-Bike Cup. In the following years, aged 10 and 11, he achieved two runner-up finishes.
- 2007 – 2013: In the following years, Marco gained further experience in competitions and different weight classes, achieving success and top finishes in various Motorbike Cups.
- 2014: Marco won the IDM Stock-1000 Championship.
- 2015: Achieved 3rd place in his first Longhaul-Motorbike-Championship, after a gruelling, 24-hour race.
- 2016: Marco returned to the Stock-1000 class, with the goal of regaining the title he won in 2014.
- 2016: (July) Marco suffers his accident during a practice session for the 4th race of the Championship in Zolder, Belgium. He is repatriated by TAA via air ambulance to undergo surgery and begin his recovery.